Friday, May 24, 2013 at 4:58PM
Check out all of GREAT things happening with the ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINK MAYHEM FESTIVAL this year:
Ø If you’ve been to Mayhem before, you know it’s a damn good time! Starting June 6th, you and several friends can share that good time together for a very low price with the ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINK MAYHEM FESTIVAL “Devil of A Good Time” offer! This offer features your choice of paying JUST $66 for a 6-pack of lawn tickets, or $69 for a pair of tickets in the reserved section (plus fees)! This offer begins on Thursday, June 6th at 9:00am local time and ends on Sunday, June 9th at 9:00am local time. NOT PARTICIPATING: Boise, ID / Mountain View, CA / Bangor, ME / Boston, MA. Check your local listings for more information.
Ø The ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINK MAYHEM FESTIVAL was on hand at the 2013 Revolver Golden Gods and caught up with a few of the bands playing this summer. Jason Hook and Jeremy Spencer of FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH talk their upcoming album and what we can expect from FFPD this summer on Mayhem:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ouaVMpaRR4
ROB ZOMBIE and the gang were on the Black Carpet and stopped by to tell us a little bit about the Mayhem Zombie is going to unleash this summer. John 5 and Rob talk about their latest album, Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor and Zombie's latest film, "Lords of Salem" out now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6ZAcHgW31M
Be sure to check out all the interviews and highlights from the Golden Gods, artists past and present talk about their favorite moments from the tour, and more: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRtdtY9BEgj3QF8YPtCRixDTC66pTUG_0
Ø Again this year, ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINK MAYHEM FESTIVAL’s METAL OF HONOR is giving back. Starting Wednesday, May 1st at 12 noon (all local time zones), members of the military and veterans will have their chance to purchase Military Discount tickets to THE ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINK MAYHEM FESTIVAL, General Admission tickets only. You must be in the military to qualify for this pricing. Go to Veteran Tickets Foundation at www.veteranticketsfoundation.org to receive discount and to purchase discounted tickets online. There are limited discounted tickets, so get yours now! NOTE: Toronto is excluded from this offer.
Ø Take the official ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINK MAYHEM FESTIVAL survey now! By completing this survey, you could be selected as a Mayhem Reporter member to receive a FREE VIP PASS to the 2013 ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINK MAYHEM FESTIVAL date of your choice. The fest will be selecting 10 members for each date of the tour and selected reporters will be announced via email and posted on www.mayhemreporters.com on June 15, 2013.
Ø If you or someone you know is Living The Dream despite suffering from a terminal illness, submit your story to firstname.lastname@example.org for your chance at a VIP day to meet your favorite bands on tour!
Ø Hey Nonprofits… MAYHEM Wants You! Here is your chance to meet your local community, while engaging and educating people about your organization and cause. The ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINK MAYHEM FESTIVAL is now accepting applications for local and regional non-profit organizations to participate for FREE at a Mayhem Festival show, in your area. All 2013 ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINK MAYHEM FESTIVAL show dates are listed on the official tour website (http://rockstarmayhemfest.com/dates) and to apply, just click here (http://www.unitetheunited.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Mayhem-Non-Profit-Application.pdf ), complete this form and return it to us at:MayhemNonprofit@gmail.com.
For more information on these items and more, visit www.rockstarmayhemfest.com.
Take a look at what some of this year’s festival artists are doing RIGHT NOW:
- FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH’s ‘Lift Me Up’ (Featuring Rob Halford of Judas Priest) debuted at #18 first week on Active Rock, the highest single debut at radio for the band in their career so far. Upon its debut, it was also the #1 rock single at iTunes in the US and Canada simultaneously. Also right now, it is the "most shared" song on Spotify!
- Premier Guitar recently spoke to CHILDREN OF BODOM’s frontman/guitarist Alexi Laiho about the recording sessions for the band’s eighth studio album, Halo Of Blood (due out in North America on June 11th), the inspiration provided by his guitar heroes, and why he’s finally retired his Lee Jackson preamp. Read the entire interview here:http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/2013/Jun/Interview_Children_of_Bodoms_Alexi_Laiho_Fast_and_Slow.aspx
- Recently melodic death metal legion AMON AMARTH revealed a trailer for their forthcoming mini-documentary, which can be viewed at http://www.metalblade.com/amonamarth. Fittingly titled Forging Mjölnir, the short film will appear as a three-part series with each official segment slated to premiere via the band's microsite athttp://deceiver.amonamarth.com.
- MOTIONLESS IN WHITE has premiered a new lyric video for their single ‘America’, off of their latest album Infamous. Check out the video and make sure to catch them on the Musicians Institute Stage this summer! http://youtu.be/Jo4HcMIarEA
- This week, BUTCHER BABIES announced a July 9th release date for their upcoming album of Goliath on Century Media Records. The Los Angeles-based band wrapped their tour with Marilyn Manson in late-February and went straight into the studio with producer Josh Wilbur [Gojira, Lamb Of God, Hatebreed]. Forget everything you think you know about the BUTCHER BABIES, because they've got their sights set to slay on Goliath.
- War of Will, the sophomore album from Detroit, MI's BATTLECROSS, will be in stores on July 9th. You've seen them on tour with FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH, Killswitch Engage, In Flames, and more, now see them bring the Mayhem all summer! More info: http://www.metalblade.com/battlecross
- Jill Janus of HUNTRESS will be hosting the Jagermeister Shred-Meister guitar competition all summer long. Festival attendees can go to the Jagermeister tents on site and audition for a chance to shred for 10 seconds on the main stage. Each day, one of the 10 finalists will win a custom Jägermeister guitar from Schecter and the overall winner at the end of the tour will win a custom Jägermeister full stack and head courtesy of Peavey Electronics.
HUNTRESS revealed their LIKE YOU TO DEATH campaign which revealed a new song on their upcoming album STARBOUND BEAST (in stores July 2.) Go to the band's facebook page and click LIKE to listen to a new song co-written by Lemmy of Motorhead! www.facebook.com/huntresskills
Artists performing this year include main stage metal and horror legend, festival closer ROB ZOMBIE, plus, the triple gold certified FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH and a monster lineup that includes additional main stage bands MASTODON and AMON AMARTH. The festival area is led by stage closers CHILDREN OF BODOM and MACHINE HEAD as well as BEHEMOTH, JOB FOR A COWBOY, EMMURE, BORN OF OSIRIS, MOTIONLESS IN WHITE, BUTCHER BABIES, BATTLECROSS, HUNTRESS, THROWN INTO EXILE and CITY IN THE SEA.
The ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINK MAYHEM FESTIVAL will stop in 26 cities across the United States and Canada as it makes its way to the Gexa Energy Pavilion in Dallas, Texas on August 4th, 2013. Dates and venues are listed below. Fans can go to www.rockstarmayhemfest.com to keep up with additional details as they are released.
Tour dates are as follows:
Date City Venue
6/29 San Bernardino, CA San Manuel Amphitheater
6/30 Mountain View, CA Shoreline Amphitheatre
7/2 Boise, ID Idaho Center Amphitheatre
7/3 Auburn, WA White River Amphitheater
7/5 Phoenix, AZ Desert Sky Pavilion
7/6 Albuquerque, NM Isleta Amphitheatre
7/7 Denver, CO Fiddler’s Green Amphitheatre
7/10 Toronto, ON Molson Canadian Amphitheatre
7/12 Burgettstown, PA First Niagara Pavilion
7/13 Scranton, PA Toyota Pavilion at Montage Mountain
7/14 Darien Center, NY Darien Lake PAC
7/16 Mansfield, MA Comcast Center
7/17 Bangor, ME Bangor Waterfront
7/19 Camden, NJ Susquehanna Bank Center
7/20 Saratoga Springs, NY SPAC
7/21 Hartford, CT The Comcast Theatre
7/23 Holmdel, NJ PNC Bank Arts Center
7/24 Bristow, VA Jiffy Lube Live
7/26 Noblesville, IN Klipsch Music Center
7/27 Tinley Park, IL First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
7/28 Clarkston, MI DTE Energy Music Theatre
7/30 Atlanta, GA Aaron’s Amphitheatre at Lakewood
7/31 Tampa, FL Live Nation Amphitheatre at the Florida State Fairgrounds
8/2 Austin, TX Austin360 Amphitheater
8/3 The Woodlands, TX Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
8/4 Dallas, TX Gexa Energy Pavilion
Sponsors for the 2013 ROCKSTAR ENERGY MAYHEM FESTIVAL include title sponsor ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINK and stage sponsors JAGERMEISTER, MUSICIANS INSTITUTE, and SUMERIAN RECORDS. Festival sponsors include IBANEZ GUITARS,
ZIPPO, METAL BLADE RECORDS, NAPALM RECORDS, SQUATCH SNACK STICKS, FUCK CANCER and KEEP A BREAST. Media partners include REVOLVER MAGAZINE and ZUUS MEDIA.
About ROCKSTAR: Rockstar Energy Drink is designed for those who lead active lifestyles – from Athletes to Rockstars. Available in over 20 flavors at convenience and grocery outlets in over 30 countries, Rockstar supports the Rockstar lifestyle across the globe through Action Sports, Motor Sports, and Live Music. New from Rockstar for 2013, Rockstar Energy Water is a non-carbonated and sugar free enhanced water beverage that is now available throughout the U.S. in three refreshing flavors. For more information visit: www.RockstarEnergy.com
ABOUT LIVE NATION ENTERTAINMENT:
Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment and ecommerce company, comprised of four market leaders: www.Tickmaster.com, Live Nation Concerts, Artist Nation and Live Nation Network. www.Ticketmaster.com is the global event ticketing leader and one of the world’s top five ecommerce sites, with a database of over 119 million fans who visit our sites. Live Nation Concerts produce over 22,000 shows annually for more than 2,300 artists globally. Artist Nation is the world’s top artist management company, representing over 200 artists. These businesses power Live Nation Network, the leading provider of entertainment marketing solutions, enabling nearly 800 advertisers to tap into the 250 million consumers Live Nation delivers annually through its live event and digital platforms. For additional information, visitwww.livenation.com/investors .